Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jelly Roll Skirt

I have, somehow, become fascinated with sewing & cross stitching lately. I think I go through craft rotation...yarn projects, paper projects, sewing/stitching projects. I almost added stained glass to that rotation, but I think I should be thanking my lucky stars that didn't actually go through... :D

Anyway, Jelly Rolls. They fascinate me. I love them because someone else does all of the coordinating work, which is something I find ridiculously difficult.

So I found the Moda Bake Shop, and browsed the Jelly Roll section, and came across a few beauties. This one, in particular. After much hemming and hawing (and then finding a Jelly Roll at Jo Ann Fabrics for 40% off), I stitched up this beauty using the tutorial! I LOVE how it has turned out! I do need to finish it up (put in elastic and find a decorative do-hickey for the elastic casing closure), but I am SO proud of how this turned out!!

2 comments:

SarahB said...

I love it! Great color placement! I'm so happy you enjoyed the tutorial. Thanks so much for showing me your result!

MoneyPennie78 said...

Where is the link for the tutorial? I would love to give it a try. I have a jellyroll sitting in my closet :)